In the “things that make you go, huh?” category… 10 funny on-air missteps from broadcast sports commentators:
Please understand, I am not making fun of sportscasters or any other broadcast professional. We are all just doing our best, learning as we go. No matter what, I think it is healthy to be able to laugh at a mistake. Getting upset about it sure doesn’t help.
The instances I am reprinting here were gathered from the Internet. I make no claims of their origin or validity, they could all be made up for all I know, but they are FUNNY.
Which one of these is your favorite? Please comment below. Thank you.
1. “This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing.”
- Commentator at Olympic weightlifting event
2. “This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother.”
- Ted Walsh – Horse Racing Commentator:
3. “The lead car is absolutely, truly unique, except for the one behind it which is exactly identical to the one in front and similar to the one in back.”
- Grand Prix Race Announcer
- Greg Norman, Pro Golfer
5. “Sure there have been injuries and even some deaths in boxing – but none of them really that serious.”
- Ringside Boxing Analyst
6. “If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again.”
- Baseball announcer
- Basketball analyst
8. “Ah, isn’t that nice, the wife of the Cambridge president is hugging the cox of the Oxford crew.”
- At a trophy ceremony for a BBC TV Boat Race, 1988
9. “Julian Dicks is everywhere. It’s like they’ve got eleven Dicks on the field.”
- Metro Radio, College Football
10. “One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said?”
- U.S. Open – Television Commentator
Like this? Bet you’ll also enjoy:
If you do, would you please do one or more small favors for me? I’ll be your biggest fan…
1. Sign up for newsletter HERE > The Social Freelancer ™ News publishes one email a week on Thursdays, 9 AM central standard time, no spam anytime.
2. Join us on Facebook HERE > The Social Freelancer ™ Facebook Page
3. Please post a comment below. Your comments here help to raise our site ranking in the search engines. You might also post a link to this page to your Facebook, Twitter or Linkedin profiles by using the buttons at the bottom of this page.
Need help with media training for upcoming TV appearances? Need video produced for corporate audience or broadcast television? What about Social Media? Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Linkedin are business drivers in the new economy. Let Tracy help – Call Trace Productions (972-437-4433) or email email@example.com to schedule a phone consultation. We tailor our services to fit your needs. Thanks for visiting The Social Freelancer ™ blog.
Recent Posts: RT Please?
(click on titles to read the articles, thank you.)
Vocalist with: Trace Relations – the Band
tracetvfilm on Youtube
@TraceTV – primary account for Tracy Ready: Media, Music, TV, Film, Travel, Humor
@FreelanceSocial – The Social Freelancer (TM): Social Media News, information and insight
@TraceRelations – the Band on Twitter