What would yours say?
Why did I do that?
How did I do that?
Read ON, comments welcome at bottom of this page>>
I got carried away! Here’s one related to Trace Relations debut music CD release:
There! You just got an idea of what my world is all about in two visual frames. Do you know everything about me? Of course not, but I’ll bet you formed some sort of impression (hopefully good!) about my work, my passions and my personality. In the best case scenario, it caused you to be curious enough to investigate this blog further, or want to hear my music at TraceRelations.com.
Why did I do this?
“Social Media is an “at a glance” medium.”
– Tracy Ready
…AKA The Social Freelancer ™
We all make snap judgements, ALL THE TIME. We land on a web page and decide within the first 10 seconds whether we are going to stay and read further, or click somewhere else. As much as I would like to believe everyone is glued to every word I write here, the reality is probably 95% of the people who click to view this post will never read this. But I’ll bet they will all glance at these Wordle word cloud images, if only for a second or two. Images matter, period.
Have fun with this!
Creating these Wordle word clouds is easy, fast, fun and free. I did these in about 10 minutes and that’s only because I changed them a few times to put more emphasis on certain words. Try it, it’s addictive! >> Wordle.net << (FYI- This is not a paid endorsement, I have no affiliation whatsoever with Wordle.net, I just love this "toy") What does it say about you?
SEND ME YOURS!
It would be fun to see what you, the reader, come up with using Wordle. Send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org – I will feature a selection of your submissions in a follow up post, showcasing the best, most creative word clouds (with link and credit to the creator of course). Please also comment below and let me know if you enjoyed this post. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as. always.
How did I do that?
1. Go Here > Wordle.net < It’s a self explanatory site, pretty simple, even an old TV hound like me caught on right away. Experiment with different words and phrases, any text will work. Hint: repeating words in the text box makes them larger, more prominent in the word cloud.
Also, Wordle includes a very cool function that allows you to enter the URL of any website, it then creates a word cloud using the most prominent words on the site, automatically!
2. View the Wordle in a separate window on your screen, then do a screen capture of it to save as an image file. There are lots of ways to do this, I use Jing, which works quite nicely for me.
If you do, would you please do one or more small favors for me? I’ll be your biggest fan…
1. Sign up for newsletter HERE > The Social Freelancer ™ News publishes one email a week on Thursdays, 9 AM central standard time, no spam anytime.
2. Join us on Facebook HERE > The Social Freelancer ™ Facebook Page
3. Please post a comment below. Your comments here help to raise our site ranking in the search engines. You might also post a link to this page to your Facebook, Twitter or Linkedin profiles by using the buttons at the bottom of this page.
Need help with media training for upcoming TV appearances? Need video produced for corporate audience or broadcast television? What about Social Media? Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Linkedin are business drivers in the new economy. Let Tracy help – Call Trace Productions (972-437-4433) or email email@example.com to schedule a phone consultation. We tailor our services to fit your needs. Thanks for visiting The Social Freelancer ™ blog.
Related Posts: RT Please?
(click on titles to read the articles, thank you.)
Vocalist with: Trace Relations – the Band
tracetvfilm on Youtube
@TraceTV – primary account for Tracy Ready: Media, Music, TV, Film, Travel, Humor
@FreelanceSocial – The Social Freelancer (TM): Social Media News, information and insight
@TraceRelations – the Band on Twitter