Choice Broadcast Moments…
* “Rest assured, there’ll never be a shortage of Bozos on television”
–Dan Rather, lamenting the end of WGN-TV’s “Bozo”, on the CBS Evening News, 6/13/01
* “Susan, things are washing up on the shore that have never seen the light of day in a long time.”
– From a local news report on the after effects of 1989′s Hurricane Hugo.
* “The bodies could not be identified because they were found face down.”
– A reporter, reporting on a story of the discovery of two bodies under a bridge in rural Missouri.
* “Doctors say the longer the babies live, the better chance they’ll have at surviving.”
– From a local news cast.
* “Panda lovers were saddened to hear that the world’s oldest panda passed away today. We’ll give you the reason for his death tonight at nine.”
– From a nightly local news ad.
* “Traffic is very heavy at the moment, so if you are thinking of leaving now, you’d better set off a few minutes earlier.”
– From a Traffic report.
* “Local construction is making it hazardous to drive in some areas of our city. We’ll tell you which to avoid on the way home on news tonight at 9:30.”
– From a nightly local news ad on the radio.
Compiled from emails over years in the business of television production ~ These and more are from:
From Trace Productions ~ Quips